The Beethoven Club of Memphis is proud to announce the Fourth Biennial Las and Sara Savell Vocal Competition. It is designed to provide financial awards and professional encouragement to singers from Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas between the ages of 19 and 28.
|Student Division Ages 19-23
||Young Artist Division Ages 24-28
|1st Prize - $250
||1st Prize - $750
|2nd Prize - $100
||2nd Prize - $200
|3rd Prize - $50
||3rd Prize - $150
Entry Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7N6C959
- Competition is open to classical singers who have completed a minimum of two semesters of college study in voice in an accredited music department.
- Applicants must be ages 19-28 on November 6, 2021.
- Deadline for entry and payment of entry fee is Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. CST. Each application form must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $35 for Young Artists division and $25 for Student division. Payment must be made through the PayPal button link below. Pull down to the correct category.
- Applicants must be prepared to perform three selections from memory, one of which must be in English. Works must be from the standard Art Song/Aria literature representing different style periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th or 21st Century). Student categories must have at least two different languages represented. The Young Artist category must have three different languages
- On the entry form applicants must include links to the three YouTube videos of their selections. These must be separate, unedited videos. Each video should begin with this introduction, “I will sing—Title of Composition---by—Composer—and if appropriate—from---Title of Work." Upload to youtube.com. Be sure to upload YouTube videos as Public. If it is listed as Private the judges will not be able to access it. Applicants will be judged on beauty of voice, technical skill, musicality, accuracy, and presentation.
- Winners will be announced by November 7, 2021 at: http://www.beethovenclubmemphis.org.
- Winners will be invited to perform in a live concert sponsored by the Beethoven Club in Spring 2022.
Download Guidelines here.
Please send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org